Does It Work
“Does it work”? This has to be one of the most common questions asked in my industry, and the answer is…..YES and no! Not all marketing works in all markets and not all businesses handle the leads derived from the marketing the same way. These are just a few factors that can contribute to the success of your Direct Mail, Email Marketing, and Digital Marketing. In order to discover what works month-in and month-out, you have to pick a marketing company that is always looking for ways improve on what they do.
If you want more than your fair share of the market you are going to have to do more to get it. The question is: Do more of what? To answer the question of “what”, you have to align your business with a marketing company that you feel has your best interests at heart. As a marketing decision maker you will have to trust your marking company because every marketing plan is not going to be a home run. You see, this business is easy when the marketing drives consumers and everyone is making money. But what happens when the plan fails? You are going to have to trust your marketing company enough to know that they did all they could and that they will use that failure to produce better results moving forward. You see the longer you are with a company, the more they can learn about your business and your market. This, in turn, ensures the long term results will be better.
Not sure if the company you are dealing with has your best interests at heart? Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to discover the answer:
– Do they stay in contact with me throughout the month or just when it’s time to sell me something new?
– Do I hear from them if the current marketing is not performing as well as predicted?
– Am I shown new ideas or am I being resold the same thing in a different wrapper each month?
– Does my marketing company offer insights not related to the products they sell?
– Do they really know anything about me or my business?
– Have I ever asked my marketing professional for advice about an idea I have had or another product I have seen?
– Do I trust them enough to simply provide a budget and let them pick the plan, quantities, and hooks?
If you find yourself answering no more often than yes, then it might be time to try someone else.
J Franco Marketing